Author : Molokini
Showcasing Robust Solutions for Challenging Applications
Hundreds of visitors to the Hyster® HUB event from 4th – 7th October 2016 in Weeze, Germany, had the opportunity to experience a wide range of Hyster® products. From warehousing equipment to container handlers, Hyster educated guests about how these tough, application centric solutions offer both durability and a low cost of ownership.
“With the opportunity to see so many products and services in action, the HUB event helps customers to see how they can match robust Hyster® solutions to their specific operating needs, regardless of where they sit in the supply chain,” says Kate Pointeau, Hyster Brand Manager. “We’re thrilled that so many customers were able to attend the event and experience a wide range of Hyster® lift trucks and related equipment first-hand.”
Among the many durable Hyster® solutions presented at the event, the Hyster® HUB 2016 included some particular highlights.
1. The Hyster Tracker™ fleet management system was demonstratedto show how telematics can enhance productivity, control costs and optimise a fleet as businesses face Industry 4.0
2. To help maintain a low cost of ownership and provide fuel efficiency,a wide range of solutions for steel applications were presented, including truck modifications especially for the demanding steel industry and attachments for handling loads of different weights, shapes and sizes
3. Looking to the future and Industry 4.0, Hyster demonstrated fully automated warehouse solutions for the first time, including options for tough and durable automated VNA and reach trucks
4. A new, unique Lithium Ion battery powered 8 tonne electric forklift was previewed. Achieving 100% charge in just two hours, this tough electric truck is ideal formost normal paper, timber and steel applications, giving businesses a durable solution with zero emissions and quieter operations
5. Hyster introduced two weighing systems– Static and Static PLUS - that can be fitted to tough Hyster® ReachStackers to obtain a Verified Gross Mass (VGM), as required by the recently introduced SOLAS Legislation
6. Hyster launched its flexible, modular Tugger Train system. Designed to help support Just In Time manufacturing applications, loads can now be transported efficiently to and from the manufacturing line using a wide selection of different trollies
7. Hyster showcased itsside battery extract solution for electric forklifts up to 3.5 tonnes, as well as the new Powered Battery Exchange Stacker which has been designed to help give more options for easily exchanging the battery on trucks from 1.5-5.5T
8. Robust Hyster solutions to support the paper and recycling industry were showcased, including an electric forklift truck with a clamp attachment for paper roll transport and the popular ‘Cool Truck’ which helps prevent truck engines from overheating due to dust, dirt and debris in these challenging industries
9. Visitors had the chance to see the work of the Hyster Special Engineering teamwhich adapts trucks of any type and size to meet application-specific challenges, including the multi-tool attachment for a Hyster® ReachStacker, which ensures many different types of loads can be handled using the same truck
10. The Supplier Zone featured a number of leading companiesthat partner with Hyster to deliver the very best solutions to meet customers’ different needs, such as ELME container spreaders, Shell oils and lubricants, Trelleborg Wheel Systems, and Orlaco specialised camera solutions
“This event has once again provided a vital ‘hub’ for global expertise, demonstrating to customers how Hyster is helping varied applications to thrive, no matter how demanding they are,” says Kate. “With intelligent design and quality manufacturing, the right Hyster® products and related solutions, alongside global support, can benefit businesses and help them overcome their challenges.”
Supported by a global network of local distribution partners with extensive product and application knowledge and geographic coverage, Hyster ensures global support capability to sustain the most demanding operations anywhere.
For more information or to find your local Hyster® Dealer, visitwww.hyster.eu.
Latest Client News
Broadland Radiators has built two giant, custom-made, radiators to help cool generator sets destined for the Culzean gas field in the North Sea.
Pyroban reports that the emissions regulations (EU 97/68/EC* Directive) have been amended to support the special application of diesel engines, such as those in forklifts, used in potentially explosive atmospheres, where safety is paramount.
IDEAL Networks has extended its reach in Asia with the opening of a new IDEAL INDUSTRIES office in Shanghai, China.
Stuttgart-based logistics company Agility has replaced its fleet of electric trucks with new Hyster® H1.8FT LPG forklifts, enabling the company to increase handling capacity and extend service intervals in the growing automotive logistics area of the business.
Norwich (UK) firm, Broadland Radiators, which supplies the oil and gas industry with engine radiators, has undergone a management buyout (MBO).
Network installation and support company Staley Technologies has cut the cost of equipping their fleet by 68% by purchasing a combination of IDEAL Networks certifiers and network transmission testers, equating to a saving of over USD $1 million.
Latest Molokini News
The goal of the competition was to showcase the abilities of electrical professionals, students and apprentices across the United States.
They said that video killed the radio star, but is the new, visual online media age pushing out PR as well?
In an increasingly competitive marketplace, the old adage that “all PR is good PR” no longer rings true.
You might be doing PR already. You might even be getting some results. But is your PR strategy lacking focus, or worse still, non-existent?
The NaviTEK NT Plus and Pro network testers from IDEAL Networks have received a number of time- saving updates to help technicians carry out network troubleshooting and maintenance on both copper and fibre cable even more efficiently.
IMHX is fast-approaching and what better time than now to ask the digital marketing, PR and web professionals at Molokini Marketing how to help your materials handling related business be unforgettable?
Whether you want to increase brand awareness and engage with potential customers via social media before the day, or take advantage of industry press, we can help.